Monday, November 23, 2009

A Message for the Mature

"Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready."
I Corinthians 3:1-2
As Christians we are apart of God's army. We are soldiers for the Lord. What would happen if we responded to duty by saying, "I'm a new soldier, I think going to church should be my choice, not my obligation." "I don't have the time to be a daily Bible reader." "Tithing is an Old Testament teaching." And on and on. If you were accused of being a Christian would there be enough evidence to make the charge stick?
We are all in training. Not in case we go to war. God's army is at war! Ephesians 6:12
We are all on duty, every hour of every day, every place we go. We must be dressed in uniform and completely armed at all times. Ephesians 6:13-18
Once you are born again, you find yourself immediately in the trenches. It's time to switch from milk to meat. Time to leave behind the excuses we sometimes use to stay immature and irresponsible. It's time to continue growing.
We grow when we allow ourselves to be trained by pain and struggle. We will find the strength to go on because we have chosen to learn how to become over-comers.

Question for thought:
Which piece of God's armor do you find still doesn't quite fit you yet? Ephesians 6:10-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Sitka