Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 14 ~ A Psalm In My Heart

Praying in Troublesome Times
Psalm 54:2

In this short Psalm we have a most earnest prayer in time of dreadful trouble.
First, there is a plea for deliverance:
  • "Save me, O God." From the oppressors.
  • "Judge me." Vindicate me.
  • "Oppressors seek after my soul." Seek my life.
Second, there is an expression of confidence in the forthcoming help and a vein of gratitude for it:
  • "God is mine helper." The only sure help.
  • "The Lord is with them that uphold my soul." The Lord works with the helpers.
  • "He shall reward evil unto mine enemies." They shall reap their wrongs.
"I will praise thy Name . . . for he hath delivered me."  In his assurance and praise he treats the future as if it were the past.

Begin the day with God!
He is thy Sun and Day!
~Horatius Bonar

1 comment:

Thank You Sitka