Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Papa, God"

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' "
Romans 8:15
When you and I received Jesus, we became His children: "To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God" (John 1:12-13).

Read: Hebrews 4:16, Ephesians 3:12 and 2 Corinthians 6:18.

I once lived apart from God, doomed to isolation and loneliness. But because of Jesus that has all changed. Now I am a child of God, part of His family, and I live in relationship with Him. Knowing who I am in Christ means that I must fully realize my relationship with my "Papa, God"; take advantage of the privilege of knowing Him; and find every excuse and reason for entering His presence as often as I can.


Question for thought:
If you were to climb up on God's lap and He were to tell you the story of how He loved you and found you, how would He begin?


1 comment:

Thank You Sitka