Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Peace He Gives

I know not why my pathway leads through valleys rough and steep, but this I know, while waking there I've found communion sweet with those I love, and best of all, with Him who climbed for me, beneath a heavy cross, the hill that led to Calvary.

I know not why so many props have gently been removed, but I do know through every loss His arms unfailing proved. I have no reason, none at all, to doubt His Precious Word; though all I loved be swept away, His voice would still be heard above the storm, and as I lift my tear filled eyes to Him, The Great Creator, Lord of all He whispers "Peace," within.

So as I look beyond today, I pray that I may share this peace He gives with those who have a greater cross to bear. I know not now how long 'twill be before He calls me home, but this I know beneath His wings I'll never be along!
~Alice Hansche Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Sitka